Re: not being elected?

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 12:41:05PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> Tasks I am quite sure I will do are:
(...)
> - investigate the "localization" of -mentors@ and #-mentors. Language is often
>   a barrier for new contributors. That sounds like a low-hanging fruit.

Could you elaborate more since you seem to believe this is a "low-hanging
fruit"?
There are already resources in Debian by language. Some communities use
it more than others. So far I haven't seen anybody being pushed away to
ask a newbie development question in debian-devel-french@ or
debian-devel-spanish@. I expect it to be similar in other languages
mailing list. We have a few of them, see [1]. More list can be created if
a group ask the listmasters and our policy to create IRC channels is totally
non burocratic (As we have no policy).
Mentoring works better when the mentor and the mentee are speaking in their
natives languages, but ultimately to participate in Debian people need a
minimal knowledge of written English...

[1] http://lists.debian.org/devel.html