Re: Debian's relationship with money and the economy

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 08:13:02PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I think I would generally be fine about an informational message in
> Debian Project News about an fundraising campaign for something that
> clearly benefits Debian. Btw, in the specific example of your book, have
> you considered creating a Debian package for it?
>
> However, I don't think that making Debian press releases about such
> initiatives would generally be a good idea.

My view as one of the press officers is that I'll issue press releases
for newsworthy[0] items that the *project* has done, and DPN should have
news items that are informative to people interested in the project.

Thus, the launch of a new derived distribution, for example, would make
a good entry in DPN, but I wouldn't issue a press release for it.

Neil
[0] Nice mnemonic: TRUTH - Timely, Relevant, Unusual, Trouble, Human
Interest. Dear journalist unions, please don't strike me down for
revealing your inner secrets.