Re: Usage of Debian's Money

On 2013-03-12 13:19, Moray Allan wrote:
Before thinking about any further examples

In fact I fear that it's logically impossible for me to give examples to demonstrate my point. My claim is that I would be open to new ideas from others about spending money, and actively look for suggestions. Anything that I suggest myself here is by definition not a new idea from others!

For any new ideas, besides the costs, I would want us to assess the probability of different outcomes (e.g. probability of harm to Debian, of no benefit, of a small benefit, of a large benefit), and to agree in advance how the success of the spending will be measured and reviewed.

I suspect that I would be unconvinced by most ideas that suggested that we spend spend money in ways that it would not be permitted for SPI to spend money under relevant legislation and the SPI by-laws.

--
Moray