Re: Why do you think you are a good candidate for DPL

Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org> writes:

> Why do you think you are a good candidate for the next DPL term?

That's a good question, one that I'm not sure I can provide a useful
answer for. Not because I have doubts (I don't), but because why *I*
think I am a good candidate has little relevance, and is fairly simple
anyway (I'll get there in a moment). What counts, is whether others
believe that I can do a good job, whether I can handle the goals I set
out in my platform, whether I can handle the unexpected too. I know I
can, I do this on a smaller scale at work, every day. But that's not all
that convincing, is it?

Problem is, I can't imagine any situation where anyone could convince me
they're fit for a leadership role, unless I've seen them in that exact
same position, and seen them do it well.

For this reason, I'm not going to go into minute detail on why I think
I'm fit for the role. I'd like to believe that my platform, and the
answers I'll be giving over the next few weeks will speak for
themselves, and all of them together will give you an answer for this
question too.