Re: [Draft] GR: diversity statement for the Debian Project

* Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org>, 2012-05-03, 18:09:
Q: What will be the procedure for maintaining/updating the statement, once voted? A: The gist of the statement will be fixed by the GR. But in order to avoid needing a vote for every minor tweak, language improvements can be applied by the -www team as for other parts of www.d.o and more substantial changes, that do not change the spirit, can be discussed on -project.
I'm not sure we want "editorial changes".
Well, if you think the translations are prone to change the meaning of the text, I think we have two options: Either to collect all possible translations and submit them all together to a GR,

This would be a great way to reject the proposal: hopefully nobody sane would vote for a position statement that he cannot understand. Therefore, I second this idea! ;>

or include in all translations that the authoritative copy is the English one.

How are our foundational documents (DFSG, SC) handled in this regard?
I don't think we had to bless every translation...

I hope nobody thinks that translations (especially the Polish ones!) of the foundations documents are in any way binding.

Anyhow, I didn't realize that Francesca was talking about translations. Well, did she?

--
Jakub Wilk