[Call for seconds] GR: diversity statement for the Debian Project

Dear Debian Developers,

A recent discussion [1] on Debian Women mailing list made me realize that
the Debian Project, the community behind the *Universal* Operating
System, doesn't have a diversity statement.
The *technical* part of the project is already commited to diversity: we
don't accept (in our main repository) licenses which discriminate for
persons, groups or fields of endeavor (DFSG, points 5. and 6.).
IMO is time for a similar statement also for the *community* part of the
project.

Below (between "----" lines) you'll find the the text to be voted.
There are just a couple of changes from the previous draft:

  * s/It doesn't matter/No matter/ : Luca Filipozzi kindly noticed (in a
    private mail) that "It doesn't matter" has the feeling of "we don't
    care" while "no matter" has a better feel.

  * corrected wrapping of last lines, thanks to Iustin Pop

At the end of the mail, a couple of FAQ about the diversity statement,
raised during the debate on -project, which hopefully will be useful
for peole who didn't follow the (one-month long) thread.

Thank you for your attention,
Francesca

----TEXT TO BE VOTED STARTS HERE----

The Debian Project welcomes and encourages participation by everyone.

No matter how you identify yourself or how others perceive you: we
welcome you. We welcome contributions from everyone as long as they
interact constructively with our community.

While much of the work for our project is technical in nature, we value
and encourage contributions from those with expertise in other areas,
and welcome them into our community.