Re: Comments on the constitution?

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:08:45PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> during the last DPL voting period, a question [1] about the current
> length of the DPL period came up. This topic was also discussed during
> recent DebConf11.
>
> While I do not want to come up with a change of the constitution at this
> point, I would like to hear a broader opinion on that topic.
>
> And while i was looking on our constitution, i found it doesn't say any
> given procedure if a DPL wants to step down. Kurt said to me during
> DebConf11 that, if that happens, he will immediately start an election
> process. Still i think, this should be clarified in the current
> constitution.

I feel I should point you to
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2007/08/msg00079.html>, in which I
presented the results of my asking ex-DPLs (at the time) whether they
thought increasing the time of the DPL term was a good idea. Short
answer, paraphrased: "hell no".

the following formula:

pi zz a