Re: Comments on the constitution?

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:08:45PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> And while i was looking on our constitution, i found it doesn't say any
> given procedure if a DPL wants to step down. Kurt said to me during
> DebConf11 that, if that happens, he will immediately start an election
> process. Still i think, this should be clarified in the current
> constitution.

I would say this already falls under Constitution 2.1.3 and 5.2.2, which is
an elegant solution, from a legal point of view. The Constitution already
provides for any person resigning a particular post they hold (with no reason
to exclude DPL from this rule), at any time, by stating so publicly, and
establishes that elections shall begin immediately in case there are fewer
than six weeks remaining (and therefore also in case there is no time at all)
before the leadership post becomes vacant (for any reason).

--
Guilherme de Siqueira Pastore
gpastore@debian.org