Re: Rationale for GRs

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> In the interests of fairness, those opposed to a proposal but not
> wishing to amend it should also be allowed a rationale. My
> suggestion here would be that A set of DDs (equivalent to the
> requirement for amendments) could have an opposing rationale added
> to the GR; I would envisage only one of these per GR.

I think this is the sort of thing that can be done on an ad-hoc basis;
the secretary can decide to nominate a rationale and a rebuttal to the
rationale for each option, indicating who signs on to the rationale
and rebuttal on the appropriate vote page. [Or just link to the
appropriate point in the -vote archives where the rationale and
rebuttal were posted.]

Don Armstrong

--
LEADERSHIP -- A form of self-preservation exhibited by people with
autodestructive imaginations in order to ensure that when it comes to