Re: Naming of non-uploading DDs (Was: GR: welcome non-packaging contributors as Debian project members)

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 06:42:18PM +0200, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> > Kurt, my inclination was to consider this change as falling under
> > Constitution §A.1.3 as a change that "does not alter the meaning" of the
> > proposal.
>
> That would be A.1.6?

Yes, totally, sorry for the typo.

> My question was basicly if you wanted to make that change
> at that time.  My interpretation is that you didn't propose
> to change it at that time, but that you would do it at some
> later time.
>
> The question was which part of the constituion this would follow.

Fair enough.

I'm hereby introducing two changes:

a) dropping the name "Debian Contributor"
   (attachment 0001-remove-the-term-Debian-Contributor.patch)

b) fixing punctuation as suggested by Kumar Appaiah [1], thanks!
   (attachment 0002-Add-punctuation-and-fix-some-pronouns.patch)

The text applying both patches is attached as well (attachment
debian-contributors.txt). Everything has been pushed to [2].

I believe (b) falls for sure under §A.1.6.

I believe that also (a) falls under §A.1.6, but it's your call.
*If* you disagree with that interpretation, I hereby formally introduce
it as an amendment and, as the GR proposer, I hereby also accept it.

Cheers.

  [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2010/09/msg00066.html
  [2] http://git.debian.org/?p=dpl/dpl.git

ti resta John Fante -- V. Caposella .......| ..: |.......... -- C. Adams