Re: Questions for all candidates: decentralization of power

> I also think that we need to review the NEW uploads. But this is not what I
> discuss here. I propose to let all DDs look what is in the NEW queue. (This
> would of course help to review the NEW uploads).

If there is ever any legal "fun" around this, it is a *HUGE* difference
if you can say "Only people who really have need have access before the
check is finished" or "Everyone who feels like it and happens to be a DD
at that time has access".

> I think that the claim that some people can be sued if some DD screwed up is
> vague, and is really difficult to discuss factually. I think that if the NEW
> queue in the ftp-master mirror is readable for all the DDs, there is no risk
> for the DPL, his delegates, or the sponsor of the provider of the ftp-master
> mirror machine and connectivity to be sued.

And on what base do you ground that?

--
bye, Joerg
Maybe, just once, someone will call me 'Sir' without adding, 'You're