Re: Question to the candidates

Le Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 11:49:53PM -0700, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> As a developer, how do you embody the spirit and culture that has made
> Debian a great operating system?
>
> If elected DPL, how will you inspire the same in others?

Hi Steve,

we have to inspire each other and the DPL does not make exception. But if the
spirit and culture that has made Debian a great operating system is
universality, one single individual can not impersonate every facets.

Nevertheless, in addition to universality, I think that one major element of
Debian's culture is to aim at excellence, and that a DPL should be careful of
being clear and accurate in his work and communication.

I will do my best to inspire others by doing what I say and saying what I do,
staying neutral and humble, and not engage into or provoke conflicts.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles