Re: Question to all (other) candidates

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:57:16AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 06:49:51PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> So, since part of the reason that I joined the race was to make sure it
>> wouldn't get too boring, I was hoping there'd be a bit more life on this
>> list. Since there isn't, allow me to ask a few questions myself.
>
>FWIW, I disagree with that or, better, I think "too boring" is a
>subjective notion. I've been indexing DPL campaigning questions this and
>last year, and we're currently at about 20 discussion topics, with 1
>more week of campaigning ahead of us. Last year campaigning has been
>*way* more quiet :-)

Sure, but to a certain extent that depends on the number of
candidates. If you look back a few more years, you'll see much more.

<snip>

>There are various issue which I presume block sending frequently,
>according to a given period, "bits from the DPL" mail to the project.
>
>I believe a significant one among such issues is the "expectation" that
>the DPL knows DDs have on the monthly bits, and therefore the perceived
>weight of of preparing those bits. My guess is that, on these premises,
>actually sending out the DPL bits mail is a time consuming and
>potentially stressing matter. I believe that, by diluting it with the
>feed idea, it will become way more bearable.

I hope so, yes. :-)

For me, the "bits" emails take a long time to prepare. And the longer
you leave between doing them, the bigger and more intimidating they
become. It's a vicious cycle. :-/

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra