Re: Q for all candidates: license and copyright requirements

Hi Charles,

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:03:00AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> The second option aims at clarifying what is the source of the Debian
> operating system. It is controversial.

I would like to say, for the record, that I believe you've lost track of
what lives in Debian if you claim this.

I agree with you that having to repack software for Debian is annoying,
and that it may be a waste of time. I've had to do it myself, for beid,
and it's not the most fun part of my involvement in Debian.

However, I do think you're completely and utterly wrong in your above
claim. Over the years, I've talked to many a Debian Developer, at
FOSDEM, Debconf, or other gatherings, and never did I meet anyone who
would even talk about this. If it indeed was "controversial," as you
claim, one would think that this would have happened a few times?

trying to fool the system.