Re: Question to all candidates: financing of development

Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Sat, Mar 13, 2010 at 08:18:00AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog a écrit :

> What I like in your proposal is that the projects will need a donor, as opposed
> to directly use Debian money. I think that showing the capacity of finding a
> donor is an important filter before engaging a contractual relationship with
> people to deliver software developments. Also it is important to decide the
> person and the price at the same time as proposing the project, and leave to
> the donor the decision whether the price is reasonable. For an global project
> like Debian, it is a very difficult problem to solve, as one hour of
> development has radically different costs around the world…

If the money is used to pay people and the donor is paying for a
specific project where it can know who will get paid, this could be seen
as a work relationship and open a whole other can of worms than we have
dealt with before (outside SPI probably). Just telling you so you are aware.

Cheers

Luk