Re: Results of the Lenny release GR

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:34:41PM +0100, Robert Millan wrote:
> He's doing more than interpret the results.  He claims they are ambigous,
> and that his "interpretation" is based on his speculation on what he thinks
> the developers want.

No, instead of whining and acusing people you should try to read emails
without prejudice and accept that the result is what it is. Bdale's
interpretation was based on the number of votes each option received. He
actually did compare the results of each option with the results of the other
options to get his interpretation.

> This is far from what one would expect the Secretary to do.  If results are
> really ambigous, or flawed in any way, what he should do is cancel the vote.

Well, we all know what/who helped making the vote ambigious. Guess what there
are some people who don't accept the outcome of a vote even if it is not
ambigious.

Just to take away some possible misunderstanding, this holds for probably every
vote ever held across the world.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!