Re: Results of the Lenny release GR

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 06:42:12PM +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> Ean Schuessler <ean@brainfood.com> writes:
> > Ironically, Bdale *is* warping the results of the vote and applying
> > an editorial voice to the interpretation of the results.
>
> Umm, why shouldn't Bdale have his opinion about the results? Nowhere
> does it say that the (acting) Secretary is the authority to
> interprete GR results (that's not interpreting the Constitution).

He's doing more than interpret the results.  He claims they are ambigous,
and that his "interpretation" is based on his speculation on what he thinks
the developers want.

This is far from what one would expect the Secretary to do.  If results are
really ambigous, or flawed in any way, what he should do is cancel the vote.

--
Robert Millan