Re: Results of the Lenny release GR

Robert Millan <rmh@aybabtu.com> writes:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 01:45:04PM -0800, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> The fact that more people preferred 2 to 4 in this vote does not change
>> the fact that the release team is currently empowered to interpret the
>> DFSG and SC in their own work.  That's what the constitution currently
>> says.

> You mean what it says, or ...

>> I understand that you disagree with this interpretation of the
>> constitution,

> ... your interpretation of what it says?

Given that the constitution is not sentient and cannot speak for itself,
interpretations are all that we can discuss.  I believe the constitution
says what I say that it says above.  I respect that you disagree, but that
doesn't change the fact that I think your position is not supported by the
text of the constitution.

The rest of this message feels to me like just further repetition of
things that you've already said and that I've already said I disagreed
with and explained why, so I don't think repeating that I still disagree
is horribly useful.  I still think the summary I wrote during the vote:

    http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/journal/2008-12/006.html

is a reasonably accurate summary of the situation.