Q: All: Society, was: Q: Steve McIntyre: 2IC vs. DPL

Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote: [...]
> One thing I will commit to (right now) is to encourage people to
> ignore (or even better, castigate) nay-sayers who have nothing more to
> contribute to Debian than poisonous tabloid-style rhetoric and
> negativity.

Can the candidates demonstrate an ability to distinguish between
nay-sayers who have nothing more to contribute to Debian than
poisonous tabloid-style rhetoric and negativity; and contributors who
go quietly about their work when things are going well but aren't
afraid to question dumb ideas?

Is it better to say nothing and work to subvert a bad idea; or to make
overt positive alternative suggestions?

How should we avoid a chilling effect from fear of being seen to
criticise, which could cause Debian to develop to do what is socially
popular, rather than technically best?

Regards,
--
MJR/slef