Re: Q: Steve McIntyre: 2IC vs. DPL

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 08:54:27PM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
>Steve,
>
>You served a term as "Assistant Project Leader". What are the
>differences between the job you did then and the job you would
>do as DPL?

Hi Clint,

Mainly, I would expect to push some more high-profile issues than when
I was working with AJ, and also to be more visible. Back in 2006-7 I
did pick up on a few small issues, but I wouldn't have felt
comfortable working on anything too major myself. And then in some
respects I expect I'll be doing much the same, e.g. posting bits mail
highlighting cool stuff going on in the project.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Dasmohapatra