Re: Technical committee resolution

Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org> writes:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 12:43:14AM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:

>> I also think that the process is not clear to everybody.  There is an
>> policy-process.txt, but that doesn't seem to be current.

It is almost completely wrong.  It will not be present in the next
release.

> Marga put this up:
> http://wiki.debian.org/PolicyChangesProcess
>
> I believe it is closer to the current process than
> policy-process.(html|sgml|txt), but not yet spot-on.  I think if someone
> were to match it to practice, it would help a large number of people.

It's high on my list to update that page and include it in a Team/Policy
page area on the Debian wiki similar to what I started doing for Lintian
and what other teams have already set up.  I was actually hoping to get to
that yesterday, but the bug triage took me a lot longer than I expected
(it always does).

Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of project deathmarch at work, which
means that the amount of time I have during the week for Debian work is
very limited, but I'm trying to find as much time as I can to get all of
this unstuck.  I know that right now what's going on is fairly opaque and
a few simple changes should help that a great deal.

I'm sorry this has taken so long -- I've been struggling to find time to
provide enough information to other people so that they can help.  I have
now finally also pinged all the other Policy delegates to get an idea of
where everyone stands.