Re: On RC/RG bugs…

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 02:46 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> On 17/03/2008, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> > Actually, I'm very good about uploading fixes for RC bugs promptly.
> > The bugs I think you are referring to were marked severity
> > "important".  Perhaps the bugs were tagged incorrectly?
>
> Severity != tag. And the severity is correct.

I thought all RC bugs were supposed to have severity "serious" or
higher.  Has that been changed?  Sorry, I used the word "tagged"
imprecisely; I meant "labelled."

> > I must have missed the change in the release goals to require GCC 4.3
> > when it came out.  If the bug had been tagged "serious" I would have
> > uploaded the fix as soon as possible.
>
> You don't read debian-devel-announce, do you?

Of course I do.  What I said was that I must have missed the
announcement.

And what exactly does this have to do with the technical committee?

Thomas