Re: Question for all candidates: Handling declassification of debian-private (GR 2005-02)

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 03:21:23PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Tue, 11 Mar 2008, Fabian Fagerholm wrote:
>> If you were elected DPL for the next term, what would you do about this
>> GR and when? How would you ensure that the declassification can happen
>> in a timely manner and fulfil all the requirements? What would your
>> declassification team look like -- how many members would it have, how
>> would they be selected and would you impose any structure among them?
>
>I would _not_ organize this myself. The DD who are interested in
>declassification of those mails should come up with a proposition
>and I'll gladly bless them (if it doesn't contain anything
>objectionable - that said I don't see what could go wrong).

Without wishing to just add <aol> here, I think Raphael and I are in
broad agreement. I'm not going to treat the declassification effort as
a personal priority, but I'd love to hear from people who would like
to get involved. If I can help them get the job done (resource
allocation, delegation, etc.) then so much the better.

"When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb." -- Steven M. Haflich