Re: All DPL Candidates: www.debian.org licensing?

On 12/03/08 at 14:08 +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> > On 12/03/08 at 09:57 +0000, MJ Ray wrote: [...]
> > > Secondly, delegation should make X's task clear to both this project
> > > and SPI in a robust way and seemed the most obvious to me.  How does
> > > the constitution give the DPL a power to tell SPI that X is going to
> > > be the interface, except by delegating some aspect of the DPL's power
> > > under 5.1.10?
> >
> > 5.1.10 answers the money problem. I don't think it answers the
> > "authority" problem.
>
> 5.1.10 currently says:-
>     In consultation with the developers, make decisions affecting
>     property held in trust for purposes related to Debian. (See §9.).
>     [...]

With [...] being:
  Such decisions are communicated to the members by the Project Leader
  or their Delegate(s). Major expenditures should be proposed and
  debated on the mailing list before funds are disbursed.

> Money is not the only property.  In fact, I doubt it's
> the most important one for this project.

Are you reading 5.1.10 with "property held" == "intellectual property"?
If not, what's your reading?

Anyway, I think I answered your initial question, so let's continue this
discussion in private, or let's let it die. :)