Re: All DPL Candidates: www.debian.org licensing?

MJ Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> writes:
> Will you delegate someone to resolve bugs.debian.org/238245 and
> bugs.debian.org/388141 at long last?  That is, get www.debian.org
> to follow the DFSG and to display better copyright statements.
> In particular, delegation seems necessary to avoid bureaucratic
> blocks to getting impartial legal advice.

I think www.debian.org needs to be worked on anyway (as I've written in
my platform). In the course of reviewing our web pages and reworking
parts, licensing issues should be reviewed as well.
After an initial review of the current state of www.debian.org, I would
like to see some facts about our web pages (especially how much content
was generated by people who are not reachable any more). After that, we
should be able to list specific examples for all different problems that
could be in need of legal advice, which should be requested at that
point.

Marc
--
BOFH #180: