Re: All Candidates: Do you plan to be prominently visible during your term?

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 07:44:46PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
>Dear Candidates,

Hi Marc,

>in the last few years, it has unfortunately become kind of custom that
>the DPL kind of vanishes from the Earth after the wave of inauguration
>and taking over powers has ebbed. Anthony has been kind of an
>exception (since he was quite visible with the dunc-tank experiment),
>and I really haven't seen much from Sam during his term.
>
>What is your plan to ensure your ongoing visibility during your term?
>Do you plan to post regular "bits from the DPL", and which measures
>will you implement to prevent a failure similiar to the failures of
>your predecessors?

At the very least, I plan on posting regular "bits" mails, summarising
both what I've been up to and important happenings in the project that
I believe deserve more attention. I also expect that I will end up
representing Debian in other ways (e.g. at events like conferences).

Do you have any suggestions yourself of things that you'd like a DPL
to do to raise visibility?

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?