Re: RFC: General resolution: Clarify the status of the social contract

On Fri Dec 19 20:55, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> > ,----[ The social contract is a non-binding advisory document ]
> > |  This amends the proposal above, and replaces the text of the proposal
> > |  with: The developers, via a general resolution, determine that the
> > |  social contract is a statement of principle only, and has no particular
>
> I think "is a statement of principle only" weakens too much the pourpose of the
> SC.

I think the point was to include options on both extremes so that no one
can say their option wasn't available. I would like this to be on the
ballot so that everyone can put it below FD and make it clear that we
don't think this (or, alternatively, vote it in and then all the people
who thought we had a binding social contract can take a fork and work on
that)

Matt

--
Matthew Johnson