Re: First call for votes for the Lenny release GR

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 07:45:51AM -0600, Ean Schuessler wrote:

> A serious license problem could potentially be every bit as disruptive and
> expensive to our users as a technical problem. I think this factor is
> really what the discussion is about and why release continues to be a
> sticking point year after year.

No, I'm pretty sure you're the only one harping on /that/ point.  None of
the GR proposals mandate a particular interpretation of the legality of any
component of the archive, the release team has never indicated that they
intended to ignore legal problems when releasing, and popular vote is a
stupid way to decide questions of law.