Re: Vote pages up

<20081123195401.GB29889@xanadu.blop.info>

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 08:54:01PM +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 23/11/08 at 11:29 -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> >         Pages of the two issues currently under discussion are now
> >  available (I'll note that none of the proposers ever turned in any wml
> >  for their proposals, so this was done by the Secretary and asst
> >  secretary). These pages, because of an undiagnosed bug, do not turn up
> >  on the navigation bar on the left.
> >         http://www.debian.org/vote/2008/vote_002
> >         http://www.debian.org/vote/2008/vote_003
>=20
> For vote 002, why did you decide to list the two additional options I
> proposed as amendements, rather than proposals (like you did in vote
> 003)? The alternate proposals don't intend to amend the initial
> proposal, but to replace it, so it seems misleading to list them as
> amendements.
>=20

Hi Lucas,

As I read it, amendments are proposed and sponsored. In this case the
amendment is to "replace the entire text of the resolution with the
following...". I don't see how it's misleading to call it an amendment.

As for vote_003, I didn't write that one, but it may have something to
do with different resolutions being one ballot, at a guess.

Neil
--=20
02:14:04 <stockholm> crap. my squirrelmail does not work
02:14:07 <stockholm> Maulkin: ping

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn

--x+6KMIRAuhnl3hBn--