Re: call for seconds: on firmware

Le dimanche 16 novembre 2008 à 10:04 -0600, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
> >>    ii Do we allow the Release Team to ignore SC violation bugs:  Yes
> >
> > Rationale: with "further discussion" nothing changes. Today RMs are
> > empowered, by delegation, to decide upon transitions and
> > "lenny-ignore" tags. It will be the same tomorrow if "further
> > discussion" wins.
>
>         What they are not empowered to do is to decide to release with
>  DFSG violations in main.

Sorry? The release team is empowered to release, and that includes
releasing with some known RC bugs. That’s what they’ve been doing –
including with DFSG-freeness RC bugs – since I have known this project.

The Social Contract doesn’t say anything about stable releases, nor
about the release team. The interpretation that the release team is
somehow special is your own.

--
 .''`.