Re: on firmware (possible proposal)

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Frans Pop wrote:

> > | Firmware is data that is uploaded to hardware components, not designed
> > | to be run on the host CPU.  Often this firmware is already required at
> > | install time in order to use network or storage devices.
>
> "Firmware is data [...]"

Firmware is like porn, I know it when I see it. :)

This isn't meant to be an exact definition, but more of a guideline.
That being said, if s/data/software/ makes you happy then we can do
that.

Also, I was asked to s/BLOB/blob/ which seems fine to me too.

Unless anything comes up I'll propose this later today.

Thanks,