Re: Call for seconds: post-Lenny enforceability of DFSG violations

On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 12:35:36PM -0500, Peter Samuelson wrote:

>   [me]
> > > Is this intended to bypass the NEW process currently done by ftpmasters
> > > any time something is added to non-free?
>
> [Robert Millan]
> > ACK about your concerns (and the ones pointed by others, which are roughly
> > the same).  Do you have any suggestion on what would be a better approach?
>
> Well, unless you explicitly want to undermine the authority of
> ftpmaster over NEW processing, which I do not advise[*], I would say
> "...may be done by any developer, subject to verification by the
> ftpmaster role."

Sounds fine.  Although I would use different wording;  I think the strict
definition of "ftpmaster" doesn't match with "whoever processes NEW".

How about:

  "... may be performed by any of the developers (however,
  moving packages in distributions other than "unstable" or "experimental" may
  still require approval by the corresponding Release Team and/or by the
  FTP Archive Team)"

--
Robert Millan