Re: [DRAFT] resolving DFSG violations

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 08:24:01AM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:

> Common guys, they are simply refusing to do the work which is their
> rights, but they will accept patches. Some bugs are opened for 4 years,
> and I still do not see any patch to provide a loading firmware
> mechanism.
>
> On the contrary Ben Hutchings has been written patches instead of
> complaining. And in a few months we have patches that will be most
> likely accepted.

I'm not interested in blob loading mechanisms.  But I am interested in free
software, so I've spent a deal of work on #494010, and thanks to that we'll
have a free dsp56k firmware that you can read, study and modify.

I understand that Ben's interests differ slightly from mine, and I have a lot
of respect for what he's doing, but that is not to say he's the only one
doing something useful.

FWIW, if time permits I also intend to look at that Glibc bug you pointed out.

--
Robert Millan