Re: [DRAFT] resolving DFSG violations

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 05:40:14PM +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 07:02:36PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > No firmware
> > issue tagged etch-ignore is still present in lenny. IOW the kernel team
> > *is* doing good work in that area, and I see no reason to pressure them
> > more than useful.
>
> This ain't true.  Some of these bugs were known since 2006, and even 2004.
> See my report in #497823 (second mail).

I read that as a leftover from #242866, where most of it has been
cleansed. FInger pointing on one or two bugs among dozens is laughable.
"Some of these bugs" were known, true, but that's the fucking point.
*SOME* were known. There are fewer than before, that's progress. Some
were forgotten, right, it's not nice. But instead of cheering up for the
good work done, you're blaming them for not having fixed every damn bug
of Linux. way to go

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit