Re: Proposal - Project infrastructure team procedures

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 10:29:03AM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > > So, this seems to indicate that the way to add new people to the release
> > > team isn't an issue. It however indicates also that there must be a way
> > > how the DPL can change a team in case it isn't working anymore, and e.g.
> > > add new people.
> > >
> > > Which is the way it currently is.
>
> > Which is the way we currently *hope* that it is, but ten to fifteen years
> > of experience demonstrates that the model is known to fail miserably.
>
> The last weeks have demonstrated reasonable well that it works in case
> the DPL uses the powers he has.

That's another rosy view, and one I've already discussed in the thread...
What guarantee do we have to think that it won't take another ten to fifteen
years of intermittant failure for the next demonstration of power? :)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.