Re: Ballot for leader2008

Hi,

        OK, another draft, now incorporating the last two
 suggestions. I added a mention of the ballot@vote.debian.org location.

           Now, GR votes have different wording: the full text of the
 GR and amendments is included if it is short, or a pointer is put in
 for the vote page otherwise. Next, instead of platform and rebuttals,
 we talk about text of the GR and amendments. The "None of the above" is
 replaced by "Further discussion".

        I can model the GR ballot text on this one -- or I can post that
 as well, and let the list decide. Actually, this thing is getting to
 the point where I'll have to make far too many changes for each ballot;
 I might simply write a program to use a template  and fill it in to
 create the ballot. Hmm. Can be part of dvt-setup.

        Creating ballots should not be so much work. I mean, if people
 can't be arsed to read the whole email, why should the secretary have
 to put in this much work?

        manoj

   FIRST CALL FOR VOTES FOR THE DEBIAN PROJECT LEADER ELECTION 2009
   ===== ==== === ===== === === ====== ======= ====== ======== ====

     Voting period starts      00:00:01 UTC on Sunday,   March 30th, 2009
     Votes must be received by 23:59:59 UTC on Saturday, April 12th, 2009

This ballot is for a vote being conducted as required by the Debian
Constitution.  You may see the constitution at
http://www.debian.org/devel/constitution.  For voting questions contact
secretary@debian.org.

Also, note that you can get a fresh ballot any time before the end of
the vote by sending a mail to
   ballot@vote.debian.org
with the subject "leader2009".

The details of the candidate platforms can be found at:
http://www.debian.org/vote/2009/platforms/

HOW TO VOTE

First, read the full text of the platforms and rebuttals.

To cast a vote, it is necessary to send this ballot, with the text form
(which is embedded later in this ballot) filled out, to a dedicated
e-mail address, in a signed message, as described below. The dedicated
email address this ballot should be sent to is:

  leader2009@vote.debian.org

The form you need to fill out is contained at the bottom of this
message, marked with two lines containing the characters
'-=-=-=-=-=-'. Do not erase anything between those lines, and do not
change the choice names.

There are 4 choices in the form, which you may rank with numbers between
1 and 4. In the brackets next to your preferred choice, place a 1.
Place a 2 in the brackets next to your next choice. Continue until you
reach your last choice.  Do not enter a number smaller than 1 or larger
than 4.

You may skip numbers, leave some choices unranked, and rank options
equally.  Unranked choices are considered equally the least desired
choices, and ranked below all ranked choices.

Please read the platforms in detail.

To vote "no, no matter what", rank "None Of The Above" as more desirable
than the unacceptable choices, or you may rank the "None Of The Above"
choice and leave choices you consider unacceptable blank.  (Note: if the
"None Of The Above" choice is unranked, then it is equal to all other
unranked choices, if any -- no special consideration is given to the
"None Of The Above" choice by the voting software).

Finally, mail the filled out ballot to: leader2009@vote.debian.org.

Don't worry about spacing of the columns or any quote characters (">") that
your reply inserts.

NOTE: The vote must be GPG signed (or PGP signed) with your key that is
in the Debian keyring. The voting software (Devotee) accepts mail that
either contains only an unmangled OpenPGP message (RFC 2440 compliant),
or a PGP/MIME mail (RFC 3156 compliant). You may, if you wish, choose to
send a signed, encrypted ballot: use the vote key appended below for
encryption.

- - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
e81e16a2-03b6-4340-84f2-51de89b8185f
[   ] Choice 1: John Doe 1
[   ] Choice 2: John Doe 2
[   ] Choice 3: John Doe 3
[   ] Choice 4: None Of The Above
- - -=-=-=-=-=- Don't Delete Anything Between These Lines =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The responses to a valid vote shall be signed by the vote key created
for this vote. The public key for the vote, signed by the Project
secretary, is appended below.

--
Dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off.