Re: Ballot for leader2008

On Sunday 13 April 2008 16:25:40 Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> NOTE: The vote must be GPG signed (or PGP signed) with your key that is
> in the Debian keyring. The voting software (Devotee) accepts mail that
> either contains only an unmangled OpenPGP message (RFC 2440 compliant),
> or a PGP/MIME mail (RFC 3156 compliant). You may, if you wish, choose to
> send a signed, encrypted ballot.
[...]

One comment is that it says you can send in a "signed, encrypted ballot",
but it doesn't say encrypted to what key.

> The responses to a valid vote shall be signed by the vote key created
> for this vote. The public key for the vote, signed by the Project
> secretary, is appended below.

If I read this ballot, I would *assume* that this key was the one I was
supposed to encrypt to, but it doesn't actually say so. So maybe something
slightly more explicit, like:

NOTE: The vote must be GPG signed (or PGP signed) with your key that is
in the Debian keyring. The voting software (Devotee) accepts mail that
either contains only an unmangled OpenPGP message (RFC 2440 compliant),
or a PGP/MIME mail (RFC 3156 compliant). You may, if you wish, choose to
send a signed, encrypted ballot (using the vote key below for encryption).

[...]

The responses to a valid vote shall be signed by the vote key created
for this vote. Also, this key must be used when submitting an encrypted
ballot. The public key for the vote, signed by the Project secretary, is
appended below.

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>