Re: Technical committee resolution

Ian Jackson wrote:
> That's a nice idea but if a problem with the TC is that the decisions
> are too poor, reducing the number of people who review those decisions
> seems like a bad idea.

One thing that I'm feeling is that if a technical decision comes down to
a vote by a committe, there's often *no* good choice. Making a choice is
often what's important. The best example of this is the amd64 naming
issue, there were some technically bad choices to steer away from, but
it mostly came down to an arbitrary decision needing to be made.

--
see shy jo