Re: Technical committee resolution

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote: [...]
>         Let me get this straight. The argument is that since it is hard
>  to remove people for cause in Debian, let us just start removing people
>  at random, even if they are performing well, and maybe, sometime,
>  somehow, that change may lead to an improvement?

Firstly, it's not random.  It's the oldest.  Maybe random wouldn't be
so objectionable.  Genetic algorithm optimisation of the TC, anyone?

Secondly, they can be reappointed if they are performing well, unless
the DPL is going to ignore procedure and go against the consensus of
DDs - it's happened before, but it's never good when it happens.

Thirdly, if this is a major problem with the proposal, one could
support Andreas Barth's amendment, or propose another amendment which
uses another form of selection.  Other TC members can suggest text
too, unless all's well with the TC and it can be improved without the
pain of a vote, which would be great.

Regards,
--
MJR/slef