Re: Technical committee resolution

Ian Jackson wrote:
> Well, I said
>      We should be removing TC members who are ... often wrong.
>
> I'm sure everyone will agree with that statement put like that.
>
> My opinion comes into it when I ask myself `who is ... often wrong'.
> And I don't expect anyone has a very different definition of `this
> person is often wrong' to their own definition of `this person often
> disagrees with me'.
>
> So from AJ's point of view I'm sure he's got me in his sights as
> someone who should go.  Because he thinks I'm often wrong.

What I am missing in this whole discussion is some introspection and
self-reflection from the current TC members who have participated:
- how happy is each with the way _he himself_ has functioned over the past
  two years or so?
- has _he himself_ participated in both discussions and votes as befits an
  active member of a team?
- does he think _he himself_ has contributed enough to the analysis and
  resolution of issues

I think that some members, if they are truly honest with themselves, should
come to the conclusion that it might be better to free their position for
someone else.

Cheers,
FJP