Re: Raphael Hertzog: When to commit into repositories of teams?

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, 09 Mar 2008, Andreas Barth wrote:
> as campaigning has started, I would like to know from Raphael Hertzog
> his opinion under which circumstances he considers it ok to commit into
> revision control repositories of a team where the person leading the
> team is active and asks to not commit.

It's sad that you never decided to resolve that dispute when it was live
e.g. by accepting the compromise proposed in

I think everything has already been said in the bug log above. I would
like to point to this message of Steve Langasek also:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2007/08/msg00034.html

When I discussed privately with you, you only told me it was not ok
to commit because I was not the maintainer and never gave any valid
reason. From my side, it was really looking much like the few DD who
complain of NMU instead of appreciating the help offered by other persons.
Explaining before appealing to a higher authority is always a good idea.

So as you can see, I accept technical rules regulating commits to a shared
repository, it's just that there must be good reasons justifying the
overhead.

Raphaël Hertzog