Re: The Debian Maintainers GR

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 08:46:51PM -0400, David Nusinow wrote:
> My personal hope is that this will largely be on
> teams, so that they do end up getting regular package reviews anyhow via
> commits to their source repos going to mailing lists.

Oh, one thing: please don't just "hope" that things will work out one way
or another, but do a little bit to encourage them happening that way.
Maybe have the XSF do calls for assistants like the RMs do, and give
them tasks with the end result of successful participation being an
endorsement by the XSF that you should be a DM or DD, and some kudos in
an XSF report sent to d-d-a.

This isn't really directed at David in particular, I'm just riffing off
his mail, because I think this is worth saying. Basically, if you think
there's a good way forward, don't just hope other people will make it
happen, propose it, explain it, and work on it yourself, too!

Cheers,
aj