Re: The Debian Maintainers GR

On Sun, Jul 29, 2007 at 10:47:22PM +0200, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> On Sunday 29 July 2007, Clint Adams wrote:
> > 1. It creates another class of Debian participant when we should be
> >    striving to have fewer classes.

> Does it really?

Yes, it does.  Right now, in terms of upload capabilities we have two
classes:

- DDs
- everybody else

adding DMs would give you three classes:

- DDs
- DMs
- everybody else

I don't agree with Clint that reducing the number of classes should be a
goal here, because I expect that creating the DM class will have a net
effect of making it *easier* to contribute to Debian, by moving a number of
people from the "everybody else" class to the "DM" class; but if you agree
with Clint that adding classes is to be avoided, then there it is.