Re: GR PROPOSAL : The Debian Infrastructure is owned by the whole Debian project, and not a few select individuals.

Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2007 at 05:57:54PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
>> Hi Sven
>>
>> As you are suspended for one year, your proposal is not valid according to [1]
>> as your key is not in the keyring.
>
> I don't recognize the suspension as valid, and furthermore, if enough DD
> second the GR it is valid.

No, it's not as you could have read in the reference I pointed you to.

>> Please stop pestering us with this childish behaviour. It's not because you
>> make you very difficult to work with and as a result loose some priviliges
>> that every DD should have access to the whole Debian infrastructure...
>
> Every DD that wants to work on a given area of debian should be allowed
> to do so, why should some be more privileged than others ? We all joined
> Debian thinking each DD is equal in right and duties, and that we would
> not hide problems, and then we face repeated case of a few select people
> having power, and manipulating things in the darkness.

You don't need alioth access to be able to work on it.

> Just look at the arm buildd mess, or any of the numerous case of
> power-play over this last year.

The arm buildd mess you probably are referring to was not caused by
power-play, but by bad communication in two directions.

Cheers

Luk