Re: Question for Gustavo and Sam: bringing back the fun

Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> Flamewars are good if the discussions are based on facts. Lately most
> flamewars in Debian were on opinions, not on facts.

I think it would be useful if we only used the term "flamewar" for
threads that contain actual flaming. The current alternate usage of
"flamewar" for "any thread that's annoyingly long to read" tends to
confuse the issue and perversely promote both sorts of threads: People
actively engaged in flaming may think "oh, I'm helping the project with
another useful flamewar", and people making threads annoyingly long to
read may think "oh, I'm being cool by being a flame warrior".

--
see shy jo