Re: Question for Gustavo and Sam: bringing back the fun

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007, Margarita Manterola wrote:

> This is for Gustavo and Sam, who have both stated in their campaigns
> that they want to bring back the fun to Debian.  Now, I'm all for
> Debian being more fun, but I wonder:
>
> How do you plan to bring back the fun? What are the specific steps
> required to achieve such a goal?

   My main approach to make it fun again to work on Debian is to
reduce the frustration. You cannot have fun doing something if your
contributions are ignored, if you cannot access the resources you need
to do the work, if your administrative requests are postponed because
there are more urgent matters, and if you do not know what is going on
and why.

   I believe I gave quite a few examples on what I'd like to do in that
specific part of my platform (proper reporting, more teams, bigger
teams, buy machines, allow more people in). Do you want me to be more
specific, or are you just not convinced that what I propose is going
to reduce the frustration and therefore make working on Debian more
enjoyable?

Regards,
--
Sam.