Re: Question for Gustavo and Sam: bringing back the fun

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> Many of us probably missed the humor because of the missing disclaimer
> explaining "ha-ha, this was only a joke, I don't really think we should have
> flamewars despite the fact that I'm frequently a rude jerk to others in the
> project."

One person's rude jerk is another's blunt honest advisor.  Can we allow both?

It's sort of disappointing how much less trouble I've had since adding such
disclaimers to the end of emails containing jokes.  There seem to be far too
many starched attitudes around.

But, if such disclaimers keep the threats out of my mailbox, I'm happy to
keep trying to explain the jokes.
--
MJR/slef