Re: Question for Gustavo and Sam: bringing back the fun

On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 03:50:32PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Mar 2007, Julien BLACHE wrote:
> > "Margarita Manterola" <margamanterola@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > 1) flamewars: the constant bickering on mailing list is depressing, it
> > > takes away a lot of time, and it gives the whole project a bad
> > > reputation.
> >
> > I don't know what's worse, the bickering itself or the bickering about
> > the bickering.
> >
> > Flamewars are actually fun, when done properly.
>
> Mailing list are a tool. We want constructive and rewarding discussions.

  Humour (of lack of) is a quality. Having some is very rewarding in the
long term, as it allows us to keep some fun and motivation too. I'm
tired of the self-importantness and excessive seriousness of people on
the lists.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit