Re: Question for Gustavo and Sam: bringing back the fun

On 3/13/07, Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

This is for Gustavo and Sam, who have both stated in their campaigns
that they want to bring back the fun to Debian.  Now, I'm all for
Debian being more fun, but I wonder:

How do you plan to bring back the fun? What are the specific steps
required to achieve such a goal?

Hi Marga,

Going through all the topics in my platform during my term, replacing
endless flamewars with motivated people, sane discussions and real
work being done, will be fun enough for me and hopefully for those
interested in a better atmosphere to contribute for Debian.

I'm not saying that there will be no unsatisfied people, trolls and
flames as side effects. My point is that if we flood the mailing lists
and every other communication channel with interesting information of
what's being done and discuss with real solutions in your hands, it
will be easier to identify who's here for develop a universal
operating system and who isn't.

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com