Re: Question for Sam Hocevar

Clint Adams <schizo@debian.org>
> > Trolling organizations are illegal in Vanuatu.  We shouldn't allow any
> > Debian developers to break the laws of Vanuatu.
>
> Don't worry; we're safe.  Sam does GNAA stuff while wearing his
> dunc-tank hat, not his Vanuatu pants.

Are they firm-fitting pants?  In Lewes, Delaware, USA, it is illegal to
wear pants that are 'firm fitting' around the waist (source: dumblaws.com).
We shouldn't allow any Debian developers to break the laws of Lewes!

Seriously, I'm rather disappointed that GNAA success in exploiting the
project's buggy troll-attack handling is seen as a problem of GNAA more
than a problem of the debian project.  Trolls will probably always exist.
Ultimately, relatively dumb trolls like GNAA can help some groups fix
their troll-handling before it meets a smarter vicious assault.

I feel the project did also rather invite GNAA attack, but that's not the
complaint here, as I understand it.

I'm more worried by back-stabbing and forced association than GNAA.
--
MJR/slef